Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 58: Gracias! I mean…Merci!

I’ve heard Paris be called the greatest city in the world, the most romantic city in the world, the most fashionable city in the world, the rudest city in the world, etc. I guess Paris is a pretty talked about city! Personally, I was expecting to be unimpressed. I was very excited to go the Louvre and to experience the city, but I did not think I would leave ever wanting to return. In fact, I was happy to only spend one weekend there; because I didn't think I would enjoy it very much!

I was wrong. I was impressed. In fact, I even LOVED some parts! I was blown away by how right certain things were that I had heard: “the Eiffel Tower really is a lot bigger in person”, “the food is delicious”, “the Paris stroll is contagious" (Rick Steves told me that one through his book), etc.

I was able to see most of the main sights, while also experiencing parts of the Parisian life: going shopping for picnic ingredients at an outdoor market, having a picnic in a quiet park under the Eiffel Tower, walking along the river, riding the entertainment-filled Metro, and more. It was a wonderful balance of all I look for in a place: nice people, good and fresh food, beautiful surroundings, and simple pleasures. I loved it.

With all of the traveling I've been able to do recently, I have felt very grateful and so very blessed. Paris was the peak of those emotions. I felt in awe of Notre Dame and I didn't want to leave. I was enchanted with the river and the invaluable works of art in the Louvre and Musee d'Orsay. I felt so SATISFIED with the food! haha Everything was so fresh and pure, I am proud to not have had one drop of olive oil the entire weekend! (This references my internal struggle with Spanish cuisine!)

It was a surreal feeling-- and I loved it. I keep my experience in Honduras with me always and I think that every place I get to go now, is amplified and appreciated in an even richer way. I am grounded with the knowledge of how special this opportunity to travel and learn is, and I hope that when I return to the U.S. I may somehow pay all of these blessings forward.

That is really what I am focused on right now. I am excited for the time I have remaining, and the other places I will get to experience-- but I am really starting to focus on what I will do when I return. I have sent my resume to a few places, with no response as of yet! Please send thoughts and prayers my way for a successful and smooth transition back to the U.S.!

If you'd like to view my photos from Paris, just click the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150772734104052.472652.655734051&type=3&l=5cc16b3dc5

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your trip vicariously! Thanks for the great photos and blogging, Anna!

    ReplyDelete